How to jump start outlander phev? When the auxiliary battery is weak or dead Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV does not start. It needs the Battery booster or battery from another vehicle. Correct procedures must be followed to start the vehicle. That allows avoid fatal injuries and damages. At that moment all the sparks, flames, mobile phones must keep away.
This can’t be started by pulling or pushing.
How to jump start outlander PHEV? The Procedure ;
- Firstly set the vehicle close enough. To connect the jumping leads.
- The auxiliary battery is located in the rear side. Jumper terminal is needed to be used.
- Then park both vehicles. Apply the parking brakes.
- After that open the bonnet. Remove the cover of the main fuse box.
- Open the cover of jumper cable terminal. Located in the main fuse box.
- Connect the (+) jumper cable to jumper cable terminal. Then other side to the (+) of the booster battery.
- Connect the (-) jumper cable. To the designated ground location of the vehicle. Next other side to the (-) of the booster battery.
- Start the booster vehicle. And let be in idle for a few minutes.
- Push the start button. Same time keep depressing the brake pedal.
- When the dash board indicators are illuminates. Disconnect the jumping leads.
- Shift the gear lever. And check the gear lever movement.
How to jump start outlander phev, Note;
This Outlander PHEV got an exclusive auxiliary battery. Therefore contact authorized Mitsubishi agent if it needs to replace.
How to jump start outlander PHEV? Auxiliary battery details
Battery model S46B24L(S) .
Voltage 12V .
Capacity (-hours rate) 36 .
Electrolytic fluid specific gravity. (fully charged state at 20°C) 1.220 – 1.290 .
Auxiliary battery is maintenance-free. Do not perform the electrolyte level check. Or specific gravity check.
Can you jump start ?.